Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Michael Jackson Movement Part 3.2

Ahh, it's amazing how a day can go by and even though you do a lot you feel like you've accomplished nothing. Well, luckily today wasn't one of those days. But it almost was. Good news, I sold another shirt! And I won't be losing any money on any of the eBay items I listed. The point though is not to just break even, I'm actually trying to RAISE money for the Heal the World Foundation. Good thing is, not a single shirt has gone out yet and I haven't made a commercial wearing the shirt, so all things considered, shirt sales are going pretty darn well. Also I came across this editing program that gives me templates for eBay listings. Gives me a more pro look. I like it. It's working out for me so I'm happy about that. 
Also I have got some help. The first person to join ANY Michael Jackson Movement was a girl named Corina. Luckily she's an event planner. I need one. I would've just walked out there with a bullhorn and a boom box praying for the best. We're gonna grab lunch this weekend and get some plans together so that this thing works out. 
I got my poster. Instead of just plastering it on the Apollo wall I'm going to take it to the local restaurants in Times Square, then I'll let them know that they can be a part of this if they cut all the MJM participants a break on food or drinks or something. I  think that should work well so now it's just a matter of getting to them.
I spoke with the NY division of taxation. Man 20 I have to wait if I want to sell anything without getting hassled. I'll just sell shirts to local vendors and let them sell them for me. Screw it, less work for me. Less stress. All I have to do is keep track of who needs me to bring shirts to the event for them.
Hmmm the more I type, the more productive my day seems. 
Tomorrow its more commercials, press releases, and I'm going to hold off on the restaurants till I get t shirts. They need to know we're legit.
I'm gonna contact Corina after I'm done with this to make sure I got this out of the way.
I gotta pay my bills tomorrow too! Okay I'm going to lift, read, pay my bills then get to work, because once I start working, it's like nothing else in the world exists.
There's something I neglected to mention in the first few blogs. I would be getting no where if it wasn't for the fact that the Lord God is on my side. I've been going to noon prayer at my church since before MJ passed and it has really helped me. I encourage everyone to pray. Trust me it'll make a difference. If I didn't take a half hour to cast my cares on the Lord, I'd probably go nuts by 2:00pm. Try it people, it works. Yea, my grammar and punctuation have worsened since my first day, but it's 2 am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment