Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Jackson Movement Part 1

Sunday 1:15pm 6/28/09
I've never blogged before,please take it easy on me. Hello world! My name is Jonathan and I created this blog because I decided to start an event called the Michael Jackson Movement. Throughout much of his life and even after his death, Michael Jackson has received a ton of bad press. Quite honestly I think true fans need a venue and outlet without so much negativity. 
I am in no position to judge and I'm not God. But I do know there are a lot of people out there who really loved Michael Jackson including friends, family, and fans. I have never had to endure the pain of losing someone really close to me. The hardest news I had to take about a celebrity dying was when Aaliyah passed. Even then,  I don't think you could've called me a fanatic like some of the Michael Jackson fans around the world but it hit me kind of hard. In the many conversations I've had with Michael Jackson fans, I would gather that it's tough to see the name of someone you admire, or love, being dragged through the mud, especially after their passing. If you want to get a sense of how much people loved Michael Jackson, I encourage you to read the blog of Melissa Johnson, the president of MJ's Heal the World Foundation.  http://www.healtheworld.us/members/htwf/blog/VIEW/00000002/00000003/Message-from-HTWF-President.html#00000003
I was also surprised to see the number of people looking to cash in on MJ's death with the amount of MJ t shirts being sold online. I am sure there is a portion of those vendors who are truly sincere and want to honor MJ, but I would say the overwhelming majority just want a quick buck. Truth be told, the thought crossed my mind of the profitability of MJ t-shirts. But now, seeing the effect of MJ's death on so many people I've decided to put together the Michael Jackson Movement to good use. T Shirts will be sold and the proceeds will go to an event on 7/11 in Times Square for the fans and the rest will be donated to the Heal the World Foundation. Here's the link for information on the event:http://www.meetup.com/The-Michael-Jackson-Movement-300/
I will be updating this blog as much as possible. I'm not working right now so I have an inordinate amount of time on my hands. This is a pretty intimidating undertaking, I have no connections in entertainment and very little experience in event planning. This movement is going to be a success because of the collective effort of the people involved. I'm sure this blog is riddled with run-on sentences and grammar errors, I'll do my best to improve as I go. For now feel free to air it out on this site. One request, let's try to keep this positive and constructive, there is enough bad press out there.

Till next time
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment